- This event has passed.
Cascadia Lughnassadh Ritual
Sunday, August 1 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Cascadia Grove will be holding our August cross quarter ritual on August 1st at 5pm via Zoom. All folk of good will are invited! Jim will be leading our rite and we will honor Sif, the Norse goddess of grain and the harvest!! Let us revel in the fullness of summer and pray for good weather and abundance!!
Here is the link to download Zoom to your device: https://zoom.us/
And here is the Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/
If you are able to do so, prepare space for yourself to take part in the ritual. Here are some ideas:
- Be present to an altar or shrine you already have, or prepare one.
- Set out a candle (fire or battery).
- Burn a bit of incense.
- Meditate or center yourself in your space.
- Read something relevant to your path.
- Listen to some calming music and do a bit of dance, or movement of your body.
The actual thing you do is not the most important part here. Preparing your mind to do the practice of ritual, with intention and focus, is the underlying goal. Engaging as many of your senses (seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling, tasting) as possible can help with this.
Jim is going to be the presenter for the ritual proper. Everyone will be muted during the ritual. Sadly, Zoom does not allow us to all sing together so we’ll each need to sing muted. I’ve attached the song sheet to this email.
During the personal offering time, we will pause for about 3 minutes so that each of us can make our offerings in our own bit of the sacred space that we create. If you have a thing you wish to offer, be prepared to put it out of use by human hands after the ritual.
- For food items, this could be placing it out for the nature spirits to consume.
- If you wish to burn a thing and have means to have a fire, you could do that.
- If it is not a thing to be burned, like a stone, a bit of metal etc., you could place it outside your home in a space you make sacred for the Kindred and/or we can take it to White Mountain Druid Sanctuary* which has dedicated spaces for these types of offerings.
- Liquid offerings can be given into the hands of Cloacina, Roman goddess of drains and sewers.
Waters of life:
Come to ritual with a glass of something to use for the Waters of Life. During the ritual, we will imbue these waters with magic, bless them and then drink them. Waters of life are typically water, cider (hard or not), meade etc. Have a glass of something available as we drink together of these waters that we make sacred.
Lastly, Shane holds a bimonthly Pagan meeting over Zoom on the second and fourth Sundays. You can receive updates about this through Meetup. Email us and we can give you more details.
If you would like to donate to help us pay for the Zoom account and sundries, please go to adfcascadia.org
May you be healthy and well until we meet again by the hearth’s fire,